Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My Saturn Return - Reader Comment of the Week


Image

by Han

Coming to the end of my Saturn Return in Libra now... It has been very hard for me because I was so out of touch with my authentic self before this happened that I had much work to do indeed.

Personal relationships have all completely changed. I had some tough lessons in booting people out of my life who were taking but not giving, not respecting me or using me.

I have done a heck of a lot of therapy related to my childhood and relationships with my family and also during this time I decided to be single for the first time in my life after recognizing a pattern of controlling, unsatisfying or abusive relationships.

I did a lot of work on re-establishing self-respect that got lost along the way. I have accepted myself so much more and stopped forcing myself to be something or someone I'm not. That has been liberating.

Someone else in these comments mentioned the resurfacing of an old past love. In my case it was my first true love. We are not together but we have spent time together and though it is not looking like we will get back together, I have discovered that I still love him and my heart which was broken has started to blossom again due to this experience.

I have had major health issues which I have had to battle to overcome. I feel better able to defend myself and stand up for my needs to others now even if this is not popular, understood or convenient. It's been hard but it's been worth learning.

I have started to think in terms of what is fair not just for others, but also for me. I have started to look after my own well being and make wiser choices regarding my own health and safety.

I had a love triangle situation which got messy and ended in an awful way. I was given the blame, but inside I didn't internalize that blame in the way I would have done in the past, because now I recognize that all three of us had an equal responsibility to what happened, and I certainly wasn't the worst in the situation.

I have learnt about harmony and balance. I have also started appreciating the beauty in nature and the value of beauty in general. I have started to see myself as beautiful again too. I had been dying my hair different colours and now I am back to my natural colour and look better than ever. I take time to have bubble baths and nurture myself unlike before when I was self-neglecting.

I have learnt that people have often called me names in the past that were things about themselves that they didn't like and realized that sometimes they are so wrong about me that these things can now be taken with a pinch of salt and I don't need to get so upset over them as I used to.

Knowing more clearly who I am and who I'm not is helping me feel more confident and to set clearer boundaries in relationships, making them more respectful and fairer.

I have found some new friends with things in common with me.

My oldest best friend just died. It's having a strong effect on how I view life. It's making me feel like all the things I worried about don't really matter as much as I thought. It's also taught me about the value of friendship because she was such a good friend right til the end.

I have decided that I want more independence in life and more glamour and peace and more of a social life. I am looking for a new place to live and am prioritizing the beauty of the building over the cost.

I feel like I am growing up and looking at the world with clearer eyes, seeing through my ideals of how things should be and getting real about how things actually work and using the knowledge to do what works best, so it's making me wiser.

I am polishing up my social skills.

I am feeling a great deal of indecision though which is not something I am used to. This is in the area of career and also romance. I wonder if this is the Saturn in Libra making me indecisive.

My life has become more balanced. I now have a variety of hobbies. I have learnt that certain things such as my sleep are more important than work.

Having been alone for a while quite happily, I am starting to feel lonely for the first time in years and am wanting to find a life partner... so fingers crossed.

I have discovered a lot about myself and realized that it is ok that I am different to other people, particularly family members and that my point of view and values are unique to me as they are to each person on this earth and am finding ways to allow for these differences without trying to mold myself to fit in with others. Instead, I am learning not to change myself, but to change the company I keep because this is the only healthy way to live.


No comments:

Post a Comment