Sunday, April 22, 2012

Moved half-way across the world to be with my love of 2 years


by Julie
I've got my sun in Saggitarius, so I jumped on the opportunity to travel half-way around the world with my love of 2 years. When I got there and we moved in together, it became clear really quickly that this relationship was way out of balance and that I was not going to be happy in the long-term.

I felt like I was constantly sacrificing myself in the relationship and had become so down on myself because he was always down on me. When he moved again, half-way across the world, I was able to say no thanks, let's part ways and live our separate lives.

This all happened right in line with my Saturn Return (we split just a month before my 29th birthday).

Unfortunately, the split was not amicable, but I know it is still for the best. Now, I am slowly starting to date again and I feel so much more in tune with what I really want in a relationship. I won't be putting up with any relationships that are way out of balance or aren't mutually beneficial. And I want to find someone who is really mature, grounded, open-minded and spiritual, gentle and compassionate. If I can't find that (or if I start to feel consistently uncomfortable in the relationship), I will move on. I would rather be alone than in another relationship where I am miserable. And I have faith that someday, I will find a match who is willing to meet me on the same page....even if it doesn't happen as quickly as I hope!

The change in relationship has really chancged my living situation as well. Now I am living with a good girlfriend (we left our relationship at the same time....she's going through her Saturn Return too, and she's a Sag as well!) and enjoying it. We are still working to get our place set up, but the move has been positive.

Career wise, not a lot has changed. I have been working in the arts for the last several years. I've kept at it and have been working my butt off non-stop. But I feel so much happier than when I was working a 9-5! I am realizing that I can make it work if I keep working hard, also realizing that I have lined things up well and don't seem to have to stress about making ends meet as much. The only thing I need to figure out is how to have a balanced social life.

I'm so nose to the grind-stone all the time that sometimes I can go for a month without seeing many of my friends. I think it's going to be a big challenge for me to figure out how to keep working in the arts, start making enough that I can actually save (has not happened yet) and how to have a healthy social life, too. Thankfully, I work around people a lot, so that fulfills some of my social need, but I really want to get this worked out this year!

Sometimes, I think I should give up and get a 9-5 again, but then I remember how trapped and restless I felt and I would still rather work my butt off and be happy doing it...I hope I can resolve these issues during my Saturn Return.

No comments:

Post a Comment