Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Making Peace With My Saturn Return

Image by Baby in Blue
By Anon from Denver, US

If there is one thing I wish I knew four years ago, it is the phenomenon of the Saturn Return. It all began with a car crash and slowly every area of my life got sucked into a downward spiral.

If I knew such a thing as a Saturn Return existed, I would have been better prepared for it.

Death of the Old Ways
When it began I saw everything I had built start to disintegrate. I had to make some hard choices. I took a hard hit when it came to finances, career and friendships.

Since my Saturn Return began I was living with high anxiety, fear, low self-worth, regret and many negative feelings.

Epiphany Central
On my 30th birthday, I had this realization that I have reached a major milestone in my life. I realized that I was dining at the same restaurant, at the same table I had dined at on my 24th birthday (at 24 I had a very different view of how I wanted my life to be). That day I made peace with myself.

Until my Saturn Return, I had always put everyone else's needs before my own. I was a workaholic and had a non-existent personal life. Since my Saturn Return, I have started taking more care of my own health and personal goals.

I have realized that we need to be the author of our own lives because if we don't love ourselves, no one else will.

The Reckoning

My Saturn Return which ended last month (Oct 5th, 2012) has been one of the most emotionally draining and painful times of my life. But it has led me to greater awareness of myself and my surroundings. It has also been a period where I went back and fixed things that were broken a long time ago.

Saturn Sign: Saturn Return in Libra
Birthday: 6 January 1982

No comments:

Post a Comment